Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hi Diary!

I dug up my diary today and decided my next blog entry would be a page out of this little book full of dreams, emotions en real life facts about me :) I don't use my diary that often, in fact, I think the average entry is 1 per year. But nevertheless, it's so funny to read back and see which dreams came true and which super difficult problems I had to face 'back in the days' ;-)

This entry is dated July 10th, 2007. At the time, I was 13 years old and in my first year of high school.

10-07-2007
Hi Diary! 
A pony to take care of.. that's gonna be a while. My English speech about DNA went super! I got an 8.8 (out of 10)!! Pony summer camp was absolutely awesome!! On wednesday, july 4th, we had a jumping lesson from Ilse, this was only the second time I ever jumped a horse and it went quite well.
On thursday, we had a jumping competition. There were 23 entries, and I was one of them. This was only the 3rd time I actually jumped but I ended up getting 4th place!! So now I earned my first two ribbons: A blue one for my 4th place and a pink one as a thank-you for competing in the dressage competition. So many people were complimenting me on my 4th place and now Marlou (head trainer) said I can go ride in a different group. So now my lesson is on friday from 6PM to 7PM. I hope I can ride on tuesdays one day cause Ilse is teaching those lessons which means I'd get to jump! Now that I know how much fun jumping is, I'm wondering what I want to be when I grow up...:
- FBI Special Agent
- FBI crisis negotiator
- professional show jumper
- Pediatrician

Well, you'll hear from me soon! Bye!

A few side notes..
When I was 4, I had kidney stones. It hurt like HELL but ever since that day until this diary entry, I said I was gonna be a doctor for children, a pediatrician. Despite my CSI/FBI phase, the pediatrician thing was dead serious, so for me to add 'show jumper' to this list, was quite something. I remember the endless debates in my head from that time and I can assure you; jumping my first (TINY) show that week at camp surely triggered something in me that was quite a bit bigger than that little show. Clearly. ;-)

On my last day at Jos Lansink stables a few years ago, right before I had to go back to school, I remember Jos saying to me: It's back to reality for you, now! Today, nearly 3 years later, summer vacation is over and it's time to go back to school.. again. Only this time, back to reality means: going back to Lansink's!

Sometimes, it's what we least expect that gives us the greatest happiness.

xoxo

my first two ribbons!

the original diary entry in Dutch :)



1 comment: