Sunday, August 11, 2013

Flanders Horse Event - CSI*** Beervelde 2013

whoop whoop, I finally went to a horse show again! Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was planning on going to Flanders Horse Event - CSI*** Beervelde, Belgium, this past saturday and that is what I did. :)
Beervelde a little town near the city of Gent, which btw is a really nice place, a little under 2 hours away from Maastricht. I left early saturday morning and I got there around 9ish. First thing on my To Do-list: find the show office and 'pick up my stable bracelet under the name of Lauren Hough'. I'll never get tired of saying lines like that, haha. Anyways, thanks to Lauren I had stable-area-entry-rights now so off I went to see the ponies and Mama Denise, Lauren's stable manager.

I am so pathetic when it comes to those horses. (btw, same thing for the horses at Sloane's place) I just miss them like hell, as tho they were my own. And so I spent most of saturday morning giving all my saved-up loved to Lauren's new ride Reconnaissance (Cougar) and Eirin's (Eirin Bruheim, Lauren's student) new horses Rita (Favorite) and Dorada. But without doubt, most of the love went to Tickles (Tackeray, the mighty stallion) and Muffin/Eve (Everyway). Best morning. <3

At lunch time, the Bruheim's perfected my already great day by inviting me to lunch at the VIP table. Needless to say, lunch was superb, both food (including sushi, carpaccio and crepes with nutella...) and the view of the ongoing classes. I ended up having dinner at their table too, with Denise this time, and lunch/dinner with the Bruheims today, on sunday, again.

Cause yes, I had such a wonderful day on saturday that I just HAD to convince my dad to fast-forward his planned (or rather I'd-like-to-do-that-one-day) trip to Gent to this sunday so I could be at the show one more day. I love my parents, seriously. Even tho my mother stayed at home today, my dad agreed to driving all the way back to Gent once more so yeah, there I was again this morning :-)

I've had an awesome weekend, LOVED to see everyone again, 2- and 4-legged, and I can't wait till next time.

Extra bonus much thanks to the Bruheim family for my VIP arrangement. Thank you.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pics!

Liza

PS. little fact about me: I'm obsessed with horse show accreditations, the passes with name and photo are THE BEST, but bracelets are mighty fine too. I save them all, like a little girl collecting pony stickers. Super lucky me; the VIP gave us a new bracelet for each meal so instead of just the rider band and 1 VIP band, I now have a total of 4 bands saying 'Flanders Horse Event', on my wrist! Yippie!!! et for each meal so instead of just the rider band and 1 VIP band, I now have a total of 4 bands saying 'Flanders Horse Event', on my wrist! Yippie!!! 



Jessica Kürten!

Another one

Lauren & Cougar

7A-B-C-D.. don't see that a lot!!!

UNICORN!

sleepy Muffin

xxxxxxx for Muffin

Morning coffee with Lauren & the Bruheims

Muffin selfie

YAAAAY

VIP!

sleepy TicTac

Tickles :)

Dorada




No comments:

Post a Comment